Wednesday, October 13, 2010

DMV....Revisited

Ok so I got to the DMV at 6am so I could be first in line for the stand-by drivers test(I'm what you call an "aggressive" driver thus leading to a temporary suspension in my license thus leading to the NV state law saying "any persons with a suspended license in the last 7 years is required to take a drive and written test in order to obtain a NV license."). OK so we all have our faults lol. Anyways I have been to the DMV 4 time this summer to take said test and each time I have been too far back in line and they don't get to my number. Well this morning I was on a mission. I brought a chair, my laptop, a water and my laptop connect card. I was ready to wait. I arrived at 6am. I posted up my chair like I was waiting for the new fucking Iphone to release. I was #1 in line. Nothing could stop me now. I get my number. I go in to the desk. She looks over my paper work. She says "Do you have your birth certificate and social security card?" "No...it doesn't say I need it on the piece of paper." "Well you need it." "Serious?! Well can I run home and get it?" "Ya sure." "OK, well gimme my number back and I will trade with the guy a few behind me." EHHHHHHH wrong. Apparently changing the order of guy #1 in line and guy #5 in line will completely fuck up the rotation and the universe will implode. This dumb fucking cunt wouldn't give me my number back so I didn't have to wait in line again. Wouldn't even consider it. Would it make that big of a difference? It won't change the order, and i don't think whoever I was gonna trade with would care since they would be up next. So whats the big deal? Anybody working in the DMV is predisposition-ed to being a complete asshole. She knows damn well she could have let me trade #s. And this isn't the first time this has happened. I have seen plenty of people screwed because the DMV employees didn't wanna cut them a simple break. I wasn't asking her to pass me when I didn't deserve it, simply to let me keep my prime spot in line after I showed up 2 fucking hours early. So after cussing for a few minutes and generally belittling any government employee, I took the number and left very heated. I wanted to throw the damn printer on the desk but I refrained. At the end of the day I basically woke up at 5:30am and was at the DMV 2 hours early to be #22 in line. I hope some disgruntled food service employee spits in her burrito tonight. 

I understand we all have jobs to do and rules to follow. But this is like ticketing someone for jaywalking on an empty street. WHO THE FUCK CARES!!??!!

1 comment:

  1. Eww, this happened to me this summer too. I had to write my written test in the GTA and got there a half hour before they opened, waited in line for 3 hours just to get told that I needed my passport, that my expired license wasn't enough, even though in the handbook it said it was ok (I guess they'd changed the rules since it was published). Had to go home, get it and come back and wait another 3 hours just to get a number and wait another 2 hours to actually get to the desk. Didn't get to write my test until a half hour before closing.

    ReplyDelete